Saturday, June 15, 2013

Final Discussion-Reflection-Reva Arthur

     I have really learned a lot through this course. I never really understood the power of blogging through coursework, until now. So many of the posts by other students and my instructor has guided my learning and success through this course. I have gained many valuable insights in this course, such as how important it is to advocate and to have a cause. I have learned that there is a purpose and a passion to advocating. It is vital to be informed about your advocacy cause, thus the purpose of this course. I feel I'm better informed and equipped to advocate and even fund my advocacy cause of childhood obesity. Advocacy is all about making a difference. My passion as a teacher has always been to make a difference in the lives of the students and families I serve. I feel strongly, that one primary way to advocate and reach students and families is to care about all that concerns them, even their helath. I really enjoyed this course and feel empowered by the many resources I now have to continue my advocacy cause.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting me learn the importance of children's obesity. It's important to be ready for situations like this and finding strategies that would work for the child's needs. I have noticed that some parents don't give the right nutrition to help them stay healthy. The best solution is to ask the parents to bring their own healthy food and try to teach them the importance of eating healthy food vs. unhealthy food. Another way is to discuss options to change their food diet. That way, they could figure out the difference between them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Reva, I waited to reply to any post because I wanted to wait for you and send you a special thanks. I know this is only an online course well one of the most challenging one's I have had, and if it was not for you towards the end of my journey I do not know if I really had the strength to encourage my self to go on. With your kind and heart felt words helped to pull me through despite all that I am going through, I am tearing up as I write these words of thanks because your were my inspiration I do not know you personally but I am glad you came my way. Sometimes people focus on the big things in life but in reality it the little things that matters most you stay blessed and let's go for round 2 together I will never for get your I thank you I thank you I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Reva, thank you so much for your post and all the information you have posted on your blog throughout this course. You are so correct when you say that being an advocate means you have to have passion and purpose. I guess I really did not fully understand this until I took this course. I wish you continued success with your advocacy efforts and with teaching your young students.

    ReplyDelete